OPC updates from FOTP
- Friends of the Parks statement regarding the Supreme Court rejection of Protect Our Parks’ petition to stop construction of Obama Presidential Center in Jackson Park - 8/20/2021
- FOTP's comments on the Memorandum of Agreement for the Federal Highway Administration Section 106 Process for Jackson Park - 7/10/2020
- Statement Upon the Passage by City Council of the Obama Presidential Center Ordinance - 10/31/2018
- Statement on behalf of Friends of the Parks’ Board Chair Lauren Moltz on the Latest Results of the Obama Presidential Center Court Case - 10/24/2018
- Blog: "Park Positive" Progress? Is it enough?
- Blog: Pavilion? Presidential Library? Professional Golf Course? The Call for Comprehensive Planning for Jackson and South Shore Parks
- Friends of the Parks Steps Up the Fight for Green Space in Jackson Park in Light of the Obama Foundation’s Proposed Above-Ground Parking Garage on the Historic Midway Plaisance - 10/17/2017
- August 2016 Update: Jackson Park Picked for OPC Site
- 2016 Annual Report OPC Update
- Friends of the Parks welcomes the Obama Presidential Library to Chicago. Our city has a “once in a lifetime” opportunity to host the Obama’s Presidential legacy on the south side where the President and First lady have a deep connection to the community - 5/12/2015
Recent opc news
- Chicago Sun-Times: As Obama Center advances, Tiger Woods golf course is stuck in the rough - 8/23/2021
- Crain's Chicago: Supreme Court rejects attempt to halt Obama Center work - 8/20/2021
- WTTW: South Side Coalition Tells Obama Center Obstructionists: Enough Is Enough - 10/28/2020
Read more OPC in the news here...